moving insurance company mid year

bond-007

Is it possible to change insurance company mid year to avail of a lower quote? I am changing car next week and looked on a few places for a quote. I found a quote with tesco for €300 cheaper than what I am paying now. I has 5 years ncb. I pay by DD monthly to RSA.

Questions:

1. Can I avail of this lower quote now or will I need to wait till renewal in july and then tell RSA where to go?
2. Will RSA hand over a ncb cert now?

Thanks

Hi, its possible to change insurance company, they will give you a refund for any money they owe you but to the best of my knowledge you'll lose your NCB for that year and will have to start building up your 6th year NCB from scratch with the new insurance company. HTH

If this is your first year of insurance with the insurance company some
charge when you cancel mid term. Check with them. Ask RSA if they will match this quote.
Does your quote with Tesco include the facility to pay by DD - most companies charge for this.

Everything is as with RSA except tesco offer open driving included something that RSA won't offer me, they want every driver named.

Are yee telling me I would be best advised to wait till july and then move?

I changed insurance companies mid year because the old company wouldn't insure my new car. I lost a years ncb. I asked what the insurance would be if I waited until the year was up and it was only about €45 less so to me the car was worth losing the ncb.

Are yee telling me I would be best advised to wait till july and then move

No. You need to check with RSA how much the cancellation charge is if in your first year with them.

tesco offer open driving

Be aware that open driving is normally restricted to 25 to 70 or 30 to 70 if car is over 2 lirte or sports etc. Outside these age groups drivers have to be named.

If you are over 6 months into the insurance period then most insurance companies will give you that years NCB.

No probs with the open driving we all old fogies between 30 and 70. :)

Its my 3rd year with RSA so there should be no probs, I shall cancel the DD anyways.

Back