Moving House What happens to contract

roker

I have just finished a years contract on my broadband and telephone, they have upped the price, presumably I am on another contract. I will be moving house in a few months what happens to the contract?

What does the contract you signed when signing-up say? Is there an auto-renewal clause?

They usually send correspondence via post or email confirming the terms after such a phone call. The time to clarify these kinds of details is when you enter a contract.

Some providers can roll you onto a new 12 month contract, but with most I've seen, once the initial contracted period ends, you roll on to their standard rate and are free to leave at any time so long as you satisfy the termination notification requirements.

Thanks Leo, they did what you said, I am on the same terms only the monthly fee has jumped another €17.
I am no longer on contract just 1 month notice. Sky have never in 2 yrs given me anything in writing, I have to go online to look at my bill, I used to be able to see it (not understand it) via TV interactive until I stopped the TV package which is not easy and another story

I just rang them, that's how I got the above information on my account

Back