Moving house. Can I move my EBS tracker to another lender?

WillIBeRich?

Hello Folks,

I'm looking for a new mortgage, I currently have a tracker mortgage with the EBS, is there any other lender asides from EBS that I can get a mortgage from & still keep my tracker rate & carry it across to the new mortgage as it were?

Many thanks ...

I'm not looking for a new tracker, I'm talking about transferring my current tracker across to a new mortgage.
The EBS are letting me keep my tracker & will add an extra 1% on the tracker rate as well as giving me the rest of the mortgage approval at a fixed or variable rate.
I just thought that there might be other lenders out there that might do the same.
I did think that AIB & permanent tsb were doing that some years ago but they don't do it any more.

Thanks.

No lender has taken a tracker from another lender ever.

Before 2008, if you were on a cheap tracker, you could refinance it with a cheaper tracker elsewhere. But it was a completely separate contract.

Brendan

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying that for me. So it seems I have to stick with the EBS & get my new mortgage with them (which includes my tracker) I thought as much anyway. I just wanted to be super sure that there was no other lender out there that would take me on with my current tracker mortgage.
We have mortgage approval with permanent tsb for a much larger amount & EBS will only approve us for a much lesser amount. But it makes sense to stick with the EBS just to keep our tracker.
As they say "you'd be crackers to give up your tracker(s)"

Thanks for your trusting advice.

Our mortgage was for €270 000 initially. We now owe 214 000. We have 23 years left on mortgage. Not sure what you mean by margin.
I got that mortgage on my own in 2007. Now my Husband & I are going for a mortgage & our combined income is 85000. We need a bigger place for our growning family.

Back