Moving from U.K What do I need to open a bank account

mprsv1000

I am moving back to Ireland next week from the u.K and will need to open a bank account, as I have a job lined up. I am Irish but have been away for 10 years, I will be staying with friends for a few months so proof of address may be difficult as nothing will be in my name.
What will I need to open a bank account? will a copy of my contract and a letter from my employer do?

I am moving back to Ireland next week from the u.K and will need to open a bank account, as I have a job lined up. I am Irish but have been away for 10 years, I will be staying with friends for a few months so proof of address may be difficult as nothing will be in my name.
What will I need to open a bank account? will a copy of my contract and a letter from my employer do?

Plenty of money! :)

Photo ID (passport or driving licence).
I can't remember if you need a PPS number to open a bank account but you'll be needing it anyway for your employer etc. You'll probably have that already though. Perhaps sending for a copy of that will give you the proof of adress they need? Otherwise the bank will advise what might be appropriate.

Good luck with the move.

Last edited:
Back