Moving from occupational to state pension

Dodger

Looking for some advice. I am currently in receipt of occupational injuries pension under the D stamp i.e. Incapacity supplement plus disablement pension for a number of years now.To my query,while I am approaching 66 will I transfer to the old age pension and should I have to send medical certificates to any department as I have not been advised to do so. While reading up a bit saw something about having to send in a cert from Jan to Jan but I always expect to be called for a medical review.

On reaching age 66 you may qualify for the State Pension. Subject to having a sufficient PRSI record, you should get the Contributory State Pension.
However it depends on what Stamp you pay. Your post suggest that you are a D Stamp (civil servant?). If that is the case then you do not qualify for the Contributory State Pension as you -presumably- were a member of the Civil Service Pension Scheme. The D Stamp is a reduced rate and does not include entitlement to a State Pension. You presumably get an occupational pension from the Civil Service Scheme?
In any event entitlement to the State Pension is not subject to any medical Cerys, but is subject to having a sufficient record of A (private sector employee) or S (self employed) PRSI contributions.
What is your PRSI history?

If you were paying a D stamp, you would've been paying superannuation when you were working? Is there a HR department you can contact?

I am 65 and should qualify for the State Pension next year. Do I have to contact the Social Welfare State Pension department to alert them to this fact or are they aware of this and if so when will I hear from them?

Back