Moving from JSA to full time job.

SDMXTWO

Am currently on JSA and have a chance to take up a full time job in '19. It will be min wage. Married wife working 12hrs pw, two boys one away in college, one in Leaving Cert, no mortgage, living rural. Can someone guide me as to how my finances will change if I get job.

The Benefit of Work calculator from the Department of Social Protection may be of assistance:

[broken link removed]

Don't solely consider the financial aspect as though whilst it is important, you might feel better working.

Oh believe me, I need to do something to keep the brain in gear, but am only too well aware of the cost to get set up to go back to work.

The Benefit of Work calculator from the Department of Social Protection may be of assistance:

[broken link removed]

This was an interesting exercise as it gave me a figure that seems very beneficial to go back to work, even low paid. Luckily I have no mortgage or children in creches, but I did'nt know that if you got a low paid job for 410pw (Standard tax credits, PRSI and USC rates applied = 389 ) that it looks like you come out with 580pw. Would this be correct?

It may very well be correct as you can claim Family Income Supplement and there also seems to be an allowance called Back to Work Family Dividend which you can claim for a year if you have up to 4 children. Family Income Supplement can be claimed for as long as you remain under the guidelines given for a family with children. For a family with two children the guideline is €622.

It may very well be correct as you can claim Family Income Supplement and there also seems to be an allowance called Back to Work Family Dividend which you can claim for a year if you have up to 4 children. Family Income Supplement can be claimed for as long as you remain under the guidelines given for a family with children. For a family with two children the guideline is €622.

The OP cannot claim Working Family Payment (formerly Family Income Supplement) as they will work less than 19 hrs per week/38 hrs per fortnight.
Back to Work Family dividend may be payable.

The OP cannot claim Working Family Payment (formerly Family Income Supplement) as they will work less than 19 hrs per week/38 hrs per fortnight.
Back to Work Family dividend may be payable.

Re the OP. Just to be clear, OP is me hopefully getting the job, my wife is on 12hrs.

Apologies, SDMXTWO, I misread the query. You would be eligible to apply for Working Family Payment.

Back