Moving from Illness benefit to Invalidity pension

Hi Time. I received a letter from Longford Invalidity Pension section this morning ,I sent new Doctors reports in about 2 months ago with a letter from my TD,they want my wifes birth cert and my bank details does that mean they are going to give me Invalidity Pension.Thanks Scottie

Hi Time. I received a letter from Longford Invalidity Pension section this morning ,I sent new Doctors reports in about 2 months ago with a letter from my TD,they want my wifes birth cert and my bank details does that mean they are going to give me Invalidity Pension.Thanks Scottie

Thanks Time I hope so? Do they have to back date any monies due, to when I first Applied.

they are only at the start of august now for any one waiting on back pay.i rang them to day to see when i would get whats due to me and thats what she said so i have about 4 weeks to wait.

It is really is amateur hour in Longford. They could have sent all that to them ages ago.

Invalidity Pension is based on 2 Qualifying conditions

1. Medical
2. PRSI

It appears that you may have qualified under the medical conditions, and they will now look at the PRSI situation.
For some reason (best known to themselves) they do not appear to be able to do the 2 things at the same time. So assuming you have the correct number of PRSI contribs. you should be OK

Fuel allowance with Invalidity pension

If anyone is familiar with how the fuel allowance is determined with the Invalidity pension, I would love to hear from you. I am about to go on the pension from Illness benefit as I understand it.

Back