Moving from England

I've lived in Ireland for 12 years and have encountered one sarky comment from one taxi driver. It was devastating but I managed to tough it out :D

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Well I never. Sarah W is a bloody foreigner! Come over here and take our jobs, blah, blah, blah... ;)

you won't need a thick skin to deal with the the very occasional 'sharp comment', a thick wallet to deal with the house prices is needed though.
i've been living here 11 years now and have a distinct west country accent(oo arr,wot youm doing boyz etc etc).
best thing i did,would not go back to the uk to live. the regular visits to my brother reinforces this view. traffic, prices, chavs all put me off a return to stay.
enjoy ireland every day, it's not perfect, but can be close to it some days.

you might find house prices in Mayo are cheaper than Galway and it is only 10 mins from Milltown. There are quiet a few UK people renting here in Mayo they have no problem in fact one couple is putting the locals to shame.
They are rearing their own chickens, selling free range eggs, making jam and they bought a plot of turf and saved it

Back