Moving from Buy to let (investment) mortgage with KBC to ?

ticn99

Hi
I currently have a 4.25% variable buy to let rate (investment) with KBC, this is defaulting to BOI soon...
I can't find any lenders willing to take on a switcher at a rate any lower that that, be it fixed or variable.

Avant don't take investment mortgages?
Any suggestions?

@ticn99 I don't think you'll find a lower rate than what you have but you can get an OK fixed rate with BOI or PTSB. They could of course put up their rates before you manage to complete the switch.

Alternatively, you could fix with KBC for 3 or 5 years at 5.25%. That should be quicker to do than switching to another lender.

You should ask yourself the fundamental question if it's still profitable to have a buy to let at these rates and with rates expected to increase and no protection for you.

Maybe do a Moneymakeover thread.

Brendan

OP my BTL loan is being farmed out to Pepper by PTSB with the rate heading to 5.35%. Have discharged 90% of the remaining loan already. Will do the rest in a few months. Not worth it

Interest on BTL mortgages can be 100% written off against rental income so not sure what the issue is.

Interest on BTL mortgages can be 100% written off against rental income so not sure what the issue is.

This is a common mistake people make "it's tax deductible, so it doesn't matter how dear it is"

60% of 4.25% is more than 60% of 3.25% , so if he can find a cheaper rate, he should switch.

Brendan

Last edited:
Thanks all, I think current rate is about as a good as it gets at the moment...

Back