Moving from BOI to Permanent TSB

I moved to PTSB from BOI about 3 years ago, but was very tired of their service via telephone banking at least, and their counter staff weren't very good either, in my opinion.

Moved to Ulster Bank last year and have been very happy with them since. Telephone banking staff are excellent, and have not had any problems at all so far.

Looks like I'll make the move from reading most of your posts. Is the PTSB online banking good ? Can you transfer money to different accounts and pay bills on it like you can with BOI online banking?? Think I might move my CC Card as well from BOI any ideas what the best move would be for my CC Card ??

Cheers
KK

I made the move last month to PTSB. I am moving all direct debits and standing orders manually rather than using the (in)famous 'switcher code' simply because I don't trust BOI not to cock something up along the way - I am particularly worried about my SSIA standing order being messed up, so I will be hand delivering the letter cancelling it to my BOI branch and standing over the teller as they cancel it, and show me it is cancelled on the screen.

whiplash said:
Looks like I'll make the move from reading most of your posts. Is the PTSB online banking good ? Can you transfer money to different accounts and pay bills on it like you can with BOI online banking?? Think I might move my CC Card as well from BOI any ideas what the best move would be for my CC Card ??

I am happy with the online banking and the PTSB Ice Visa card is good. I think it's 9.9% APR.

BOI did cock up moving my SOs & DDs and I didn't do the switcher either. One SSIA payment was missed and paid after. My SSIA is with BOI life and they never requested payment from the new account.

"Is the PTSB online banking good ?"
I can't pay my EBS CC bill online, or on the auotmated phone service, I need to ring during the hours when someone answers the phone. This is one minor disadvantage, but I decided to live with it.

I find the functionality of BOI online very good. And its easy to make payments to other accounts. Is the PermTSB site as good?

bond-007 said:
"Rigid cheque policy" is all cheques salary, personally signed by bertie himself etc must wait 7 full days before clearing, absolutley no exceptions.

I dont understand this, as I bank with PTSB and lodge my husbands cheque every week, and mine last month due to computer problem at work, and as they are wages cheques and are lodged each week, month they are available for withdrawal immediately.

I dont understand if the policy you refer to is in Dublin only, as I have lodged cheques, in Portlaoise, Mullingar, Tullamore, and Portarlington.

I do however have an issue with their charges for use of ATM machines abroad.

Back