Moving broadband supplier (from Imagine) - my experience

donalfff

Based in North Kerry. For several years, had Imagine Wireless and was pleased with service. When Covid arrived, obviously a lot more home working and demand, service signal disimproved. My son worked from home during this period but moved back to to Cork because of the poor speed etc. Was onto Imagine but no improvement and my views too many users and insufficient capacity on Imagine's part.

On my monthly Imagine bill, it has 'Imagine and anything is possible' - dream on.

Good news: because I found the service so poor, it prompted me to contact Vodafone, who did two surveys (had an existing telephone line) and they then scheduled an installation of fibre broadband which was excellent. Installation was free even though two men took several hours to get full fix. Speeds are now excellent, c 100Mbps. First 6 months at €30. therafter €60 per month.

Bad news: when I cancelled with Imagine, they stumped for 30 days cancellation period nothwithstanding I was was paying full price for a poor service.

In summary: delighted I moved.

Imagine were bad to deal with. They cancelled my broadband in Dublin a few years back (i.e. pulled out of the market here) and I had to move to Vodafone. Much better.

Back