Move from Self assessment back to PAYE when circumstances change

Angus

How difficult is this?
I know you then have to catch up to the current year in Tax but that would be OK.
Do I need my A/C to do it?
Will there be a Revenue Audit or anything complicated?
Again no problem and all up to date but this would cost me extra acc fees.
I was only Self Assess for a property rental, now gone and small UK Pension which is below the limits set by Revenue for Sell Assess.
Thanks in advance.
Angus

They will expect a Form 11 from you because you are registered. Ring them or send a letter asking to be removed as you are no longer self assessed. I got a form in the post a while back and I rang them to say I didn't have any liability but they insisted I fill in one as it was sent out. They advised I send the letter but only for future years, I still had to fill in the form with no liability for any extra taxes.

"They advised I send the letter but only for future years, I still had to fill in the form with no liability for any extra taxes."

Is this forver or one year only?

I think its not difficult to de-register, at all. I have cut this paragraph from my ROS on line Form 11. In fact, the paragraph before this seems to be trying to get a taxpayer to cease filing Form 11!!

If you are no longer a chargeable person for self-assessment you may want to cease your Income Tax registration. This can be done using Manage Tax Registrations under the 'Other Services' Panel on ROS. Once ceased for Income Tax you can still file returns and claim tax relief i.e., health expenses using the eForm 12 available on ROS and My Account.

Please confirm the reason why you are a chargeable person and filing a Form 11 or are filing on behalf of a chargeable person.
* Tick all that applySelf/Spouse/Civil Partner
Trading income (no PAYE income)
PAYE income, and other non-PAYE income over €5,000(net)
PAYE income, and other non-PAYE income over €30,000(gross)
Proprietary Director
Opened a Foreign Bank account in the tax year
Share options granted
Foreign Income only
Rental Income only
Other non-PAYE income only (dividends, deposit interest etc)
None of the above but you wish to file a Form 11

Is this forver or one year only?
No. Just the year they had already assumed I was a chargeable person. Cancelling it was easy enough, just sent a letter in requesting it. Seems you can do it on ROS now as per Pritsticks post above.

They will expect a Form 11 from you because you are registered. Ring them or send a letter asking to be removed as you are no longer self assessed. I got a form in the post a while back and I rang them to say I didn't have any liability but they insisted I fill in one as it was sent out. They advised I send the letter but only for future years, I still had to fill in the form with no liability for any extra taxes.
That’s nonsense from Revenue though, no?

“I’m not a chargeable person…go away.”

Back