Mouthy McDowell

RedStix

Firstly, i'd like to say that i personally have never followed politics that closely, but since as this is my first time voting, i thought i'd better make an informed decision, and so have been reading and watching all the media coverage as well as looking at the different parties websites.

But I have to say that after watching Prime Time last night i can't believe what scathing attacks McDowell made against the other parties causing more arguements and leaving less time for debate. The attack against Gerry Adams was appalling .

Plus, this guy is trying to appeal to people for votes. He is definately not coming across as a people person and i think this could lose him a lot of votes. I'm trying to look past the PD's front man to see what their policies are, and if i'd vote for them but McDowell is putting me right off.

I think McDowell should rename his party the Aggressive Democrats.

The attack against Gerry Adams was appalling .

One of McDowell's most salient features imo is the way he stands up to Adams and Sinn Fein. McDowell simply showed Adams up for what he is - a hypocrite and clueless about economic matters in the Republic.

Absolutely agree. Gerry had not got a clue and McDowell will not let him weasel his way out of the issues. The bigger question is what was Gerry doing there in the first place? Surely an own goal from SF.

in my opinion, McDowell should have been 'Shouldered' around the studio after the debate.

Back