Mouse pen / pen mouse (stylus??)

BlueSpud

I m looking for a device that operates like a mouse, but I can hold like a pen. I don't have a touchscreen laptop so I can't use one of the ones for drawing on the screen. I want to use it like a mouse, which I currently use to draw on the whiteboard, but the output is that of a person after 20 pints. Anyone know of such a beast and where to get one? TIA.

You want something that you can use on your regular lap top I think. Yes is the answer - google for mouse pen & you'll see loads of them at different price points.

Have you used a mouse pen for drawing on e.g. a virtual whiteboard? I haven't, but it seems to be no better and sometimes worse than an actual mouse.

Can you draw with a pen mouse?
The short answer is no. Drawing using a pen mouse is just like drawing with a regular mouse. It just won't be completely in sync with your hand movements, nor offer enough accuracy to produce anything acceptable.

I think a digitiser pen tablet like the Wacom Intuos might be better for the OP's use case, since they're designed for drawing into a PC. Unfortunately more expensive than a mouse pen though. Although at least the digitiser stylus usually won't require recharging.

Another option might be an Android tablet or iPad joined to the same host conference session as the PC. Then share the whiteboard from that tablet and draw on the tablet screen.

You want something that you can use on your regular lap top I think. Yes is the answer - google for mouse pen & you'll see loads of them at different price points.
Yes, found loads for about 15 and loads for 100, nothing in between and nothing to tell me how good/rubbish any of them are, that is why I am looking for someone's actual experience with one of these devices.

Yes, found loads for about 15 and loads for 100, nothing in between and nothing to tell me how good/rubbish any of them are, that is why I am looking for someone's actual experience with one of these devices.
Fair enough. Though that wasn't the question asked ;)

I get by with my regular mouse, since any online whiteboard stuff I do is to aid discussion rather than artwork type drawing.

Have you checked reviews / youtube?

Back