Motorway lay-bys to be closed to private motorists

It's always a case of judgement. Easing off the accelerator is usually sufficient. The attitude of posters here, that people should not react to allow traffic to merge is the promotion of dangerous driving. I dread meeting some of these characters some day.

And yet you’re the one who considers it fine to undertake 14 cars in the inside lane and believes in the concept of slow and fast lanes.
I didn't do anything wrong. I just drove at the correct speed in the correct lane. It's not my fault everyone else was going too slow in the wrong lane.

And yet you’re the one who considers it fine to undertake 14 cars in the inside lane and believes in the concept of slow and fast lanes.
Staying in your own lane at the same speed is not undertaking. If you change lane in order to pass traffic on your right is undertaking.

It's always a case of judgement. Easing off the accelerator is usually sufficient. The attitude of posters here, that people should not react to allow traffic to merge is the promotion of dangerous driving. I dread meeting some of these characters some day.
Yep, drive with due consideration to other road users and don’t cause other drivers to manoeuvre. Crashes happen when people have to break or change lanes because of the incompetence of other drivers.

I didn't do anything wrong. I just drove at the correct speed in the correct lane.
No, the law is pretty clear on this one too:

(3) A driver shall overtake on the right and shall not move in towards the left until it is safe to do so.

(4) Notwithstanding paragraph (3) of this bye-law, a driver may overtake on the left—

(a) where the driver of the vehicle about to be overtaken has signalled his intention to turn to the right and the driver of the overtaking vehicle intends, after having overtaken, to go straight ahead or to turn to the left,

(b) where the driver of the overtaking vehicle intends, after having overtaken, to turn left at a road junction and has signalled this intention,

(c) in slow-moving traffic, when vehicles in the traffic lane on the driver's right are moving more slowly than the overtaking vehicle.

Back