Motorbike Insurance

rustbucket

Any bikers out there?
Who is your policy with and roughly what price your policy coming in at?

As far as I can see there is only Carole Nash, Liberty, Axa and Principal. Are there any others?

Carole Nash and Principal are underwritten by Axa.

My policy fir this year was fully comp with Carole Nash, 934 euro. Waiting for renewal to come in but don’t expect it to drop much as have only just got full licence and 1 year NCD.

Liberty won’t quote me on my bike as they need 3 years NCD and Axa need 2 but said it would be over 1k if they could quote.

Principal however quoted €534 fully comp.
I’m stumped at the discrepancies.

Always found liberty the cheapest. Fully comp protected no claims on a blackbird was about 500 a few years ago when I was early 30’s. Carole Nash were always more expensive. No experience with principle

That’s a hefty price at €930

I’m a fair weather biker, there nothing as depressing as driving a bike in the rain… I don’t get out much here.

Axa @ €350

Granted, it’s 3rd pty only, it’s an 1100cc with a very good lock. I’m expecting a reduction at renewal..

That’s a hefty price at €930
Yes but unfortunately it was the only one I could get at 40 on an MT07 A category with a learner permit.

I would expect that to drop now with 1 yr NCD and full licence but probably not to the level that principle are offering.

With Axa either providing or underwriting 3 of the 4 it’s just mind boggling the difference in prices and the requirements.

When I phoned up to update my policy with a full licence the overall cost only came down by 30 euro (mid policy)

I asked why was it so little and was told as I was now fully licensed I was deemed higher risk as I could now drive on motorways!

I asked why was it so little and was told as I was now fully licensed I was deemed higher risk as I could now drive on motorways!
I wonder if the same logic in risk is been applied to other newly full licensed holders now that they can also drive on motorways and not have a guardian angel sitting beside them??

I just got my renewal quote, with Carol Nash.
55yrs old, with K1200GT, living in Cork.
Fully comp is €271, underwritten by FBD.
Same as last year.

Just checking my NCB - 18 years, but it says the value is 20%, which is the upper limit, worth €34.16
By the way, full licence since I was a lad.

Any bikers out there?
Who is your policy with and roughly what price your policy coming in at?

As far as I can see there is only Carole Nash, Liberty, Axa and Principal. Are there any others?

Carole Nash and Principal are underwritten by Axa.

My policy fir this year was fully comp with Carole Nash, 934 euro. Waiting for renewal to come in but don’t expect it to drop much as have only just got full licence and 1 year NCD.

Liberty won’t quote me on my bike as they need 3 years NCD and Axa need 2 but said it would be over 1k if they could quote.

Principal however quoted €534 fully comp.
I’m stumped at the discrepancies.
Liberty, Axa, Carol Nash & Principal and I think Allianz may have done policies at some stage also but were never competitive - doesn't take too long to ring around.

I am paying 275 for fully comp on an Sv650S with legal protection, breakdown, drive other bikes and NCB protected with a €250 excess.

I've 13 years NCB or so so at 34 years old that makes a good difference.

I think the minimum policy is about €275 so when you get to that amount, you just start adding benefits for the same price.

Yes I'm with principal.
There is a place called bikers shed in kildangan co Kildare who are sponcered by principal.if you join there fb page,there is a code you can get with gives you a % on your policy (which is well worth it),bikers shed is a community biking service which is FREE.

If you take a rider assessment with an approve trainer you will also get a discount on your policy.

The guards have also starting the biker assessments once again which can get you a discount on your policy too.

Ropsa might be worth looking into too.

Renewal from Carole Nash in today.
total 538 fully compwhich is a lot better than last year.

82 euro of that is an admin fee which I think is pretty high considering it’s all automated. No admin involved at all!

plus another 60 euro on top for the convenience of paying by direct debit.

The quoted policy premium is actually only 327 fully comp. everything else is an admin fee or levy of some kind!

And there's always a penalty for paying monthly rather than up front in full. (Or a discount for the latter if you want to be generous... ;) )

Back