Motor Tax Form Changed?

MissRibena

Hi everyone

Just wondering am I dreaming ...

As far as I remember you used to have to sent your tax book (or the "new" cert) and insurance cert to renew your car tax. Last year I did mine online so it didn't apply but now I'm renewing someone else's by post and it looks like you just fill the form and send the money without the other enclosures.

Did the requirements change somewhere alone the line?

Rebecca

I did mine online this year and last year and I had to fill in my insurance cert number and insurance company so maybe that's all that's required with the postal service now - I also remember having to hand in my actual insurance cert (after queuing for hours in the tax office).

I did my motor tax online , and had reason to do my Dad's online also. If there some reason why you cant do the other perons via t'interweb?

yes, it changed a couple of years ago. You need to provide the insurance certificate number but not the actual certificate or car log book. I've always renewed online since that's been an option and as far as I remember that was when the changes came in.

Doesn't it mention somewhere that they are taking your word for it online when you say you have insurance...at least it used to at the very start

Back