Mother now Financially dependent on Son

I am afraid I have no advice for you - but couldnt read and not reply!
Your mother is very lucky to have a son like you!
Fair play to you!

Best of luck, I hope you get some kind of support

Thankyou

Very much appreciated your reply, I am just glad I still have a job, I am taking on a masters part time this year to do the best to keep myself employable. I just want to know that all those years of paying tax surly there must be some way that I can get some return on this... Thanks Again.

And you're very lucky to have a mother who gave you 60K of her divorce settlement. I'm sure she could apply for rent allowance, just because she is a relative doesn't mean she can't rent from you. There would also be the possibility of carers allowance. Can you not rent and drive to and from where your home is until things pick up? Might be more time travelling but you'd have less bills? Could your mother apply for disability? She would get rent, phone, heating, TV a lot of bills paid for. medical card. Worth looking into. My mother had her two hips replaced and is on disability, but can also work a few hours a week.

Thanks Catering141 for your suggestions, my mother thank God is a young 60yr old and very Healthy. The 60K was equity from sale of first house and was nowhere near enough to secure the purchase of a new home and she would of not qualified for a mortgage hence were I stepped in. The mother can live out the years in what is now considered the family home. I plan to look at the rent allowance route but was just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has had experience this situation before.
Thanks

Oh I read it wrong I thought you had purchased the house for yourself using your mother's 60K and then let her move in, yes she is lucky :)

A child cannot receive rent supplement if renting from a parent, but there is no issue with it being the other way around.

Back