Most economical way to to ship about 6/7 boxes to the UK

Botanic37

Morning all - looking for advice/recommendations please.
Following a clear-out of our old family home I'm looking to ship about 6/7 boxes to my sister in the UK. It's only old magazines, a few pictures, LPs, etc. All her old stuff from when she lived at home...and nothing of commercial value.
Any ideas on the best (economical !!) way to do this ?. I'm even considering filling the car and getting ferry across. Just wondering if anyone has managed anything similar.
Thanks, K

I had a smallish amount of stuff I needed to get from UK to here. I found Shiply.com worked well for me. You list the details of your load, and then wait for quotes, and pick the one that you like. It was way cheaper for me than taking a ferry would have been. No connection other than a satisfied customer.

Hi - I recommend https://www.sendmybag.com/quote

I used them a few years ago to ship stuff from Ireland to London and they exceeded my expectations! Extremely good value and everything arrived by courier intact.

Any questions let me know!

With Brexit and customs it's probably better to spin up north and send from there.

Deliverme.ie probably can do it - they are just before Newry.

Plenty of other similar services in northern Ireland too.

It will save a lot of customs hassle

Most Irish house removals companies will quote for this on a part-load "groupage" basis. They go back and forth to the UK all the time.

They will also collect and deliver not just from your doorstep but inside the house. Probably a bit more expensive than a freight service but better customer service with appointments for collection and delivery.

Try getcracking.ie they travel to Europe via UK regularly and may well have capacity.

Back