Mortgages - First time buyers on their OWN ?!!!

just to let you know you're not alone but it is possible to buy! I am single too and earn a bit less than you do. I spent years knowing I couldn't buy but have now found a place for under 230. It is in Tallaght so really handy for the Luas / town / M50 and the flat itself is gorgeous. I went to see several places including developments that I know had affordable housing units in them and you couldn't move in some of them. I will actually be able to move around this place!! I too considered moving out of Dublin to get somewhere bigger but I didn't fancy sitting alone 50 miles from home and am thrilled now that I waited. I know some people think it is mad to buy when prices are falling but I am jumping onto the ladder while I have the chance and am delighted. Reading your original post I don't think you meant to imply at all that you wanted a boyfriend just to buy a place with? I am just looking forward to having my pink and purple bedroom that I think I might have strugggled to get with a man by my side :)
Best of luck with it all!

ha ha ah no i was saying its like you cant do it on your own, that u need someone to do it with u, thats usually a partner haha i can do it on my own HOPEFULLY ;)

thanks everyone for your replys, i recieved the affordable housing brochure yesterday for Dublin City Co, Fingers crossed i get something in the draw, long shot but if your not in you cant win ;)

Yeah I know what you mean about feeling like you need someone else but don't fall into that trap...I was often envious of my married friends who have always had a husband/partner to share the cost of everything with....However have my own place now, own car, lived all over the world, travelled quite a lot...they tell me now they are envious of me...Feels like a great achievement to be able to go it alone! Don't give up!

Why dont you go through a broker? You''ll easily get a mortgage then!!!

Back