Mortgages as high as 120pc!

RainyDay said:
If FTB's are borrowing from any source to buy new plasma screens and dining sets, then they deserve all the negative equity they can get. If you have to borrow for luxury items like this, you can't afford it. Beg, steal, borrow 2nd hand items from family & friends until you can afford your own.

the only place where that should be allowed is if the money is been spent on a capital project on the house (extensions..etc...)

with an inpection 6 months later to make sure they are not after buying the plasma with it....

I see couples competing with each other all the time it seems to be all about who has the nicest house, nicest car, who goes on more holidays it just never ends and people are prepared to get themselves into masses of debt to keep up with the Jones's so to speak, the banks are loving it they have never had it so good and are happy to keep offering more and more credit what ever happened to people who were happy with that they have and thought they were lucky to have it :(

DOBBER22 said:
I see couples competing with each other all the time it seems to be all about who has the nicest house, nicest car, who goes on more holidays it just never ends and people are prepared to get themselves into masses of debt to keep up with the Jones's so to speak, the banks are loving it they have never had it so good and are happy to keep offering more and more credit what ever happened to people who were happy with that they have and thought they were lucky to have it :(

While I can see where you are coming from - especially in terms of cars which are a consistently poor divestment - it isnt unreasonable to want a decent house. Of course if its all about the Italian leather and the pool and the ...... and the ....... then you are right on that one as well.

IFRSA have said that "Ratios higher than 100% are not on the agenda" (Liam O'Reilly in today's Irish Times). FA, BoI and IIB have said that they have on plans to introduce mortgages of more than 100%. Where did this story originate I wonder?

CCOVICH said:
IFRSA have said that "Ratios higher than 100% are not on the agenda" (Liam O'Reilly in today's Irish Times). FA, BoI and IIB have said that they have on plans to introduce mortgages of more than 100%. Where did this story originate I wonder?

Dunno maybe this is a classic case of we shouldn't always believe what we read in the papers.

DOBBER22 said:
Why July & August?

its the traditional "silly season" where real news is thin on the ground so editors scraping the barrell to find stuff to fill the pages

anyone ever wonder why the IRA always time their ceasefire announcements in late July or August?

Back