Mortgage with Ulster Bank and repayment

bellandbear

Hi all just need some information myself and my husband have been paying our mortgage every month but this month we had a bad leak in the roof and we have no savings as i am off sick from work for the past year and we have four kids and my husbands wages have dramically been reduced since December so we had no choice but not to pay the mortgage and get the roof fixed what should we do with our bank i havent rang them yet we should be able to pay next month its just I dont know how to deal with them to be honest its really tight at the best of times. We have a lot of credit card debt and I have a Bank loan was well we are struggling to pay so there was no way of borrowing money to fix the problem with the house. I wonder would we be able to get interest only for a few months to relieve the problem. Thanks for your responses.

Probably too late now, but what caused the roof to leak? Could you have claimed off your house insurance, presuming you have it?

If you had house insurance, it's probably too late now as the roof is fixed, so insurer is within rights to refuse to accept the claim.

Back