Mortgage switch - timeline for release of Deeds

Kem2020

Hi,

Im hoping someone will be able in the know on this.

Solictor has issued a request to UB to release deeds to him, for mortgage switch and transfer of names.

Can anyone tell me the current time line of when the request is submitted to bank and recipt of deeds to solictors please?

provided UB mortgage has been discharged
It's a mortgage switch. It's clearly not discharged.

Can anyone tell me the current time line of when the request is submitted to bank and recipt of deeds to solictors please?
You'll really have to ask the bank, or get your solicitor to. At the start of the lockdown there were some issues with banks retrieving files from off-site storage facilities, but procedural have been worked through at this stage. I'm not sure what processes are currently in place, but I'd expect it's not as quick as in normal times.

Obviously UB needs to be paid before they would release ... to another bank / solicitor

Obviously UB needs to be paid before they would release ... to another bank / solicitor
No they don't. How do you think the switching process works?

We're talking about providing the physical deeds to a solicitor, with a solicitors undertaking. Not releasing the banks charge on the property.

Did you read the question?

Yes it’s an administrative procedure between the solicitors. Nothing very complicated. But likely to be slower due to covid. Poster hasn’t said how long they are into the process or if they experienced any ‘delay’. .. I’m sure the solicitor can easily clarify the timeline...

Normal times being 3 weeks? The solictor had stated that but cant be sure of it now and i was hoping that someone has had a recent experience with this or expeirence with Ulster bank releaseing deeds.

Is there such thing as an urgent release of deeds?

Back