Mortgage Redemption Figures

Moneypit

Is it possible for these to be worked out incorrectly by the mortgage provider (i.e. PTSB)? I've just rang a second time for a breakdown of their redemption figures they've given me as I'm not happy with them but in the interim of receiving that does anyone know should the figures vary that much between getting a normal balance over the phone and redeeming, are there 'hidden' costs involved? We're on a variable rate.
Example - two mortgage a/c's - I rang late October and was told balance on a/c number 1 was €84k, my redemption letter dated late December says we owe €84k so despite paying November and December's repayments the figure remains the same plus it's actually more because there's daily interest accrual on it of €10.72 per day. They said their final redemption figure has taken into account November and December's payment? Am I missing something??? I just would have thought it should be less over 2/3 months on not more.
Also, on a/c number 2 something similar and when I check it's balance on online24 (can't do that for a/c number 1) it's about €50 lower and again that's not taking into account December's payment yet plus there's daily interest accrual on that of €2.27 per day.
Thanks, yours confused.

Back