Mortgage rate deals?

Jane1

Hi, just thought I would pass on my recent mortgage rate saving in the hope others might get the same. I recently contacted my bank (EBS) and got a reduction from 5.25% to 4.9% for my PPR and a reduction from 5.75% to 5.25% for my investment property when I said I was going elsewhere. Have others had similar experiences?

J.

I know I can get 4.6% on my PPR if I change to NIB but at the moment it suits to be with EBS. Has anyone got better deals from EBS?

Hi, just thought I would pass on my recent mortgage rate saving in the hope others might get the same. I recently contacted my bank (EBS) and got a reduction from 5.25% to 4.9% for my PPR and a reduction from 5.75% to 5.25% for my investment property when I said I was going elsewhere. Have others had similar experiences?

J.

Thats interesting. I was also on 5.25% with EBS earlier this year and when I asked them if they could do any better, as I was thinking of switching to NIB, they flatly refused. So I switched. Seems like they are learning that they need to become a bit more flexible to hang on to their customers.

I bank with Bank of Ireland but I took my mortgage with EBS because they offered me a better rate at the time. The investment advisor at my BOI branch later told me after that I should have gone back to them with the EBS offer and they would have tried to match it so its definitely worth trying.

We were with EBS, I had gone to them with an offer we had been given for fixing to see if they would fix at that price. They refused and we are LTV 60%.

I think their begining to learn. They set up a retention team only two months ago. I think lots of people must have left them. I hate the way they offer low rates for new customers and have higher rates for the existing members.

Back