Mortgage Payment Protection

• Thread starter daddy1collon
  • Start date
I know things are slow, but you've really been wasting your time or else you have a sad life. (Joking)

Basically you won't be able to sell it if you don't believe it, it won't be hard in present climate to create the fear.

I wonder if Auctioneers ever had these conversations or do they keep their scruples quiet with "let the buyer beware".

Had a conversation with regulator the other day about something completely trivial, but he spoke to me like I was a piece of **** on his shoe. Pity he didn't take similar attitude to Anglo, AIB etc.

Interesting article in todays ST about MPP. Blacklist of companies that will not get claims paid because there was threat of redundancy in that particular company and deferral of cover increasing from 90 to 120 days.

Interesting article in todays ST about MPP. Blacklist of companies that will not get claims paid because there was threat of redundancy in that particular company and deferral of cover increasing from 90 to 120 days.

They have also increased the premium on this product . .

If it was simply a case of "we wont cover x and y" it would be fair enough. But to say if "you have reason to believe you may be made redundant" really never sat well with me (or most advisers).

I found discussing this product with people, I was more inclined to mainly highlight the specific terms and conditions that I was not happy with (like one above) and I implored them to read the Terms and conditions. Everybody I discussed this with had reason to believe they would lose their job and everybody chose not to take up the policy.

I think the fincial Ombudsman could find he might have a very busy workload down the road on this product. . .

Its a product better sold in the good times to be honest, when people arent really concerned with losing their jobs. Highlights a good point that many people dont look for these kind of Insurances until it is too late. Kinda like looking for critical Illness cover after being diagnosed with Cancer .. . .

Back