mortgage - partner + me-cash for house purchase??

E

ela

what are the pitfalls? would a tenant in common agreement work for this? will a bank look at this at all? I cannot get a mortgage and have enough cash to purchase with partner 50/50 if she gets a mortgage. low purchase price, her income 18,500. any advice/ knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I think you are going to have to post this a little more clearly, if you want to get a response. Its not obvious what you mean.

Are you suggesting that you buy a house with your partner. You pay for your half with cash and she gets a mortgage for her half ?

If so, what is the price of the house ?
What size of mortgage will she have to get ?

As for the type of house purchase, it is up to you as a couple to decide which is a better.

If you buy as tenants in common, then you both have to decide who gets your share if you die and make wills. If you don't, and you die, your half of the house will go to your legal next-of-kin, not your partner.

I would suggest getting legal advice on the pros and cons of both approaches, for both of you, and any children which you have, or may have in the future.

Back