Mortgage Options During transfer period

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikerd4

I have a tracker mortgage with KBC, and after moving house last year we got to keep our tracker rate but KBC charge an extra 1% on top of the ECB base rate for the privilege. At present I think its approx 2.5%. With talk of further rises on the horizon Im debating whether to move away from the tracker onto a fixed rate (14 years left on the mortgage). Aside from the gamble or the fact im giving up a tracker (the 1% mover rate doenst make it that much better than variable tbh), is it even possible whilst KBC are in the process of transferring the mortgages to BOI?

At present I think its approx 2.5%. With talk of further rises on the horizon Im debating whether to move away from the tracker onto a fixed rate (14 years left on the mortgage).
@mikerd4 Please post your mortgage details in the tracker thread – in this format.

Aside from the gamble or the fact im giving up a tracker (the 1% mover rate doenst make it that much better than variable tbh), is it even possible whilst KBC are in the process of transferring the mortgages to BOI?
Yes, you can still fix with KBC (if that is what you decide to do).

Ill get the paperwork and put it all up in the thread. I wasnt sure if it was still possible to switch to a fixed rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back