Mortgage missing from ICB report

Nikephorus

Hi All, I have several mortgages with Ulster Bank and one with KBC. They were all taken out over 5 years ago. Upon requesting and receiving my credit report from the Irish Credit Bureau, I can see that my UB mortgages are detailed with a clean bill of health (no missed payments) for both. However my KBC mortgage was not shown at all on the ICB report. My initial thought was that I had not provided all my previous addresses to the ICB. I've since double-checked it and I did not omit any of them.
Any theories why the mortgage is not on the report? Is its omission a good thing or a bad thing for me?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Has anyone else had a similar experience to mine with the ICB, or does anyone have any recommendations?

Happy St. Patrick's day too !
You're a good payer so the bank didn't need to put you on the ICB.
Relax about it is my advice.

Hello,

This happens from time to time, have seen it in respect of PTSB mortgages on occassion and some other lenders also.

Historically, I understood that if a mortgage was provided on a property investment (rather than a homeloan) that some Banks didn't put it on ICB, then I was led to beleive loans over €635k were not shown...

Ultimately, I think it's down to a couple of things:
- mistakes at the various banks
- some of the lenders not participating in the ICB scheme

I would not get too hung up about a loan not appearing on your ICB record (after all, its not your problem and doesn't work against you), but if there was a record of an incorrect loan, repayment record etc. than thats another story obviously.

Thanks Rich & MrEarl. Do lenders access the same ICB data as the punters do? If in 5 years time, I was looking for a new mortgage, would they be unaware of the loan not on the report?

All loans over €500 will appear on the new central credit register. It will be mandatory for lenders to report relevant loans so that lenders will have a full picture of all of a borrowers existing liabilities. The Icb doesn't currently provide a full picture which is why the bew central credit register was set up.

All loans over €500 will appear on the new central credit register. It will be mandatory for lenders to report relevant loans so that lenders will have a full picture of all of a borrowers existing liabilities. The Icb doesn't currently provide a full picture which is why the bew central credit register was set up.
Thanks Daffodils, I'll wait and check on the new register later in the year to see if it details all my loans.

Back