Mortgage interest relief

tuirse

My first posting so hopefully I can get some advice.

Inherited house from my grandmother in 2003 valued €127 K spent about €40,000 K renovating for which i got a mortgage (but never claimed mortgage interest relief.)
Got married in 2004 and my wife sold her own house and lived with me.
Mortgage still in my name managhed to pay off by Feb 2007 yipee.
Then decide to trade up and sold house 255K from here on anyone's advice is welcome

Unfortunately got hit for Stamp Duty on new purchase - 25K as wasn't deemed to be a FTB.

Now mortgage is substantially more wish to avail of maximum mortgage interest relief - how?

Am I entitled to claim higher relief as a FTB (this is the First time I've bought a house?)
Having previously had a morgage though didn't claim relief can I now claim the Max 7 years relief.
Can my wife claim balance of 3 years which she didn't use prior to marrying me.

Am I entitled to claim higher relief as a FTB (this is the First time I've bought a house?)
Afaia you are considered a ftb for 7 years from the first time you own a house so are entitled to ftb status till 2009

Now mortgage is substantially more wish to avail of maximum mortgage interest relief - how?
Apply to Revenue [broken link removed] section.

Having previously had a morgage though didn't claim relief can I now claim the Max 7 years relief.
Can my wife claim balance of 3 years which she didn't use prior to marrying me.
You can claim mortgage interest relief for the last 4 years so 2005 to 2008.

Back