Mortgage Interest Relief

idontknow

Does anyone know if your mortgage interest relief is spread over the year or pro rated?
e.g.

Mortgage drawn down in August 07 - do they give you allowance based on Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec or just give you annual amount spread over remainder of the year resulting in you getting double the amount?

Made first repayment on mortgage 18th sept, 2006 and the Rev Comm lodged Euro 509 to my account on the 20/11/06 they also loged Euro 509 on the 18/12/06 this is a joint mortgage but I can not work out how this amount of Euro 1018 was calculated it seems to be wrong to me but I only had a look in my ac today and saw the extra amount that was credited on 18/12/06. Could anyone advise me what the correct amount of Interest relief we should be getting on a 370K mortgage both first timers

Have not had a chance to get on the Rev Comm yet. I am now going to wait and see what happens in January and if the same amount is lodged I will contact them. As far as I was aware the amount that should be lodged each month was approx Euro 66 x 2.

Back