Mortgage interest relief/ TRS increased for FTBs from 2004 to 2008

I called Ulster Bank yesterday, and was told that the delay was on the side of Revenue, who they said, had to update their systems before notice of the increase would be passed to Ulster Bank and then the customer.

I called Ulster Bank yesterday, and was told that the delay was on the side of Revenue, who they said, had to update their systems before notice of the increase would be passed to Ulster Bank and then the customer.

Revenue were waiting to update their computers to allow 30% when I rang them in February, but since I got my letter from EBS early last week it would appear that Revenue have that sorted - any delay from now wouldt seem to be down to the individual banks.

KBC increases with May

Spoke with KBC last week, the 30% rate will take effect with May, so far they only increased to 25%.
"Of course" everything will be backdated accordingly. Apparently took them so long to sort out the IT.

Rang AIB about this and was told they've got no notification about when this will happen. Suggested I might ring revenue. Does anybody have the Revenue phone no that deals with this please?

Thanks a mil Rameire for that. Just rang them and was told AIB will be starting from June.

I checked PTSB online/ OPEN24 today and my July 2nd payment for June mortgage repayment is about €65 less than last month, new TRS of €244. better late than never.

Steiner - is that the actually because of the recent interest reduction ? I checked mine and I still have not received the 30% although my payments have been reduced by 20 euro.

On this subject was talking to a friend who was a FTB in 2006 who saidher MIR amounted to 279 euro per month. Wondering how this figure came about as i gather the relief is 30% on 10,000 which is 250 per month. Also am i right in saying that from January next this relief will be reduced to approx 83 euro per month (30% on 3000) meaning a reduction of 196 euro monthly.

There may be a second person on the account. Or
At the start of the year they were only getting 20% thus the trs payments later in the year were upped to cover the shortfall at the start of the year.

You are correct the ceiling will drop in year 8 to 3000 per person. So a max of 75 euro per month per person on the 30% band.

Back