Mortgage Int Supplement- Review

I

Interested09

I am currently getting the mortgage interest supplement since June. I understand they send out a form every 3 months to review it, does anyone know what this form contains? do you have to submit yor bank statements again and dole receipts? Do I need to get my lender to stamp the form again?

Reason I am asking is that I received 3k tax back from New Zealand directly into my bank account a few weeks back, will this effect it in any way? To be honest it just cleared my outstanding NTL and Elec bills/Credit card. I havent been working here and am unable to obtain work for now, so will I still get it?

The review form will have to be signed by the lender again - it's to confirm that payments are being made and whether there have been changes (e.g. to interest rates or to your capital balance) which would change your entitlement.

You won't have to produce your Jobseeker's receipts or bank statements again. You are supposed to declare any changes in circumstances (like the lump sum you received) - savings under 5k are disregarded anyway, so it wouldn't have changed your entitlement if you have no other savings. The fact that you've cleared bills with it is an okay explanation if you are asked about it (hold onto the bill receipts if you have them just in case).

Mortgage Interest Supplement reviews can be carried out less frequently than 3 months - it depends on the area you live in and the circumstances of the mortgage.

Back