Mortgage for German Home

Airtight

Currently, we are in the process of moving to Germany: My wife and family.

I will be staying here for another 12 - 18 months and renting. The place we buy in Germany will be our home.

So should we get a mortgage with a Germany bank or Irish one? Who would you recommend and what advice could you give us?

I think you will find your answer by going to an Irish bank and seeking a mortgage for a house in Germany!

Will I: Which ones?

I have already tried two: Bank of Ireland & Ulster Bank, neither one cover Germany.

I have already tried two: Bank of Ireland & Ulster Bank, neither one cover Germany.

I think Optimist is being facetious. No bank in Ireland will give you a loan for a property in Germany, so you've no choice but to get one in Germany.

Gary Golden 004477924 19865 or [email protected]

This is a friend of mine who acts as a mortgage broker for various banks around the world, I would expect he can help you explore your options in Germany

Ive posted his details before, I presume its ok with the moderators?

I used a mortgage broker in Frankfurt.
I'll give you her details if you PM me. She speaks english perfectly, like most Germans.

One thing to bear in mind is that German banks often require a deposit of 30% of the purchase price.

This is one of the reasons they didn't have a property price bubble (sorry, I'm going off thread).

Exactly. The house in Germany is of no use as security to Irish banks as they cannot repossess it easily in the case of default. Think you're stuck with German banks.

Back