Mortgage for a holiday home

geri

Could anyone advise me as to whether any banks are giving mortgages at the moment for holiday homes in Ireland. According to mortgage affordability calculators I have used, affordability is good. However, do lenders have an appetite for this right now. I live in Dublin, where we have a mortgage on PPR, plus mortgages on two other properties which are rented.
No other loans, no arrears.
Thanks ,
Geri

The question the banks will ask is

What happens if
(a) A situation arises whereby one or both of your rental properties becomes vacant and remains vacant for a substantial period.
(b) What happens if the interest rates go up

thanks for your reply. Assuming that we can satisfy the banks on these questions - is this something that banks are entertaining at the moment i.e purchase of holiday homes.
Thanks again,
Geri

I got one from AIB a couple of years ago at 75% LTV. Presume it's easier now. Had 2 other mortgages with low LTV at the time. But I would have considered myself a low risk looking at the financials.

Thanks NowhereMan.
Could anyone advise me as to whether any banks are giving mortgages at the moment for holiday homes in Ireland. According to mortgage affordability calculators I have used, affordability is good. However, do lenders have an appetite for this right now. I live in Dublin, where we have a mortgage on PPR, plus mortgages on two other properties which are rented.
No other loans, no arrears.
Thanks ,
Geri
How much do you plan to borrow and what age are you? How secure is your/partners job

Back