Mortgage exemption

Bellatrix

I applied to several banks for a mortgage exemption and was granted it by just one bank. The exemption is only 30000 above what I would be allowed anyway. The bank however will not allow me on any of their low rates fixed etc because they are giving me an exemption. Is this legal? Can I go onto a lower fixed rate after mortgage drawdown? Any advice is welcome

Exemption to value or income limits?
Some banks have a condition in rates that LTV must be under 90%.

Ltv is 80%. We needed it on the LTI. We had deposit and are second time buyers. The banks website states the 2 year and 4 year fixed rate is only available to 3.5 LTI customers. We asked could we have the 5 year loyalty fixed rate as there is no mention of LTI rules on this and we are a customer of Bank but still told no. We are with a broker and the info is being relayed through broker.

I did ask. Broker says we can go on a different rate a month after drawdown. I just wanted to get an assurance from experts like yourselves. The Bank is UB

I'd be looking for the assurance from the bank to be honest, from the horse's mouth and all that!

Back