Mortgage Due Date And Direct Debit Date Being Changed

irishmoss

I have a mortgage with PSTB and due date is 31st of each month. The current arrangement is that this is collected by DD within 2 days of the due date. I got a letter stating that this will now change and it will be collected on the due date. I get paid on the 1st of every month. This means I now have to find an extra months mortgage in order not to go into arrears.
I've asked to keep the existing arrangement in place which has been there for a number of years but got a standard letter more or less saying no, I have to change the direct debit to the due date.
I'm just so mad they won't leave things as they are, it is only 1 days period of grace.
I have nothing in writing from them regarding the existing arrangement. Is there anything more I can do?

Try your local branch for a transition for one month or ask them to move your repayment date. They are unlikely to leave you on the current arrangement. The reason for the change seems fair to me-they crediting mortgage accounts two days in advance of getting the money from the current account.
Whether the date is 1st, 14th, 27th or any date, they are moving them back. If you asked for your repayment date to be moved forward it would solve your problem.

Back