Mortgage deposit question - advice needed please

K

klondon

Hello, my first post thank you in advance for any replies.

My partner and I are buying for the first time, somewhat stressful.

My partners Parents (who live abroad in Europe) are contributing towards the deposit, as are my own. Both sets of parents have been asked for proof of funds in the form of bank statements.

Will the solicitors accept payment for the deposit from an account other than our that of our parents??

The reason being that my partners parents have changed their money into sterling and plan to bring the cash over and deposit it into my partners or my account when they visit. I did say that this wasn't the best idea, but they got a better exchange rate this way and don't want to pay the bank fees for an international exchange. We are talking around £15000

Any advice much appreciated, i don't want to ask the solicitors directly yet.

Why are you expecting your parents to put up the deposit for a house? If you can't manage to save up a deposit for a house you should not be buying one!

My parents are in a decent financial positition so they OFFERED to help me. It is very common for parents to help their children in anyway they can. For example i see in your case your parents took you and your fammily into their home to live for a time.

I have been renting for around 5 years.

I didn't ask for your judgement, i was asking for helpful advice and seeing as you cant offer any kindly bugger off

PS issue is resolved

Back