Dublin Mortgage Debt and Conveyancing problem

Denise T

Hi Could anyone recommend a solicitor who deals solely in Mortgage debt, changing names on Mortgage as my partner is deceased and re-scheduling same. I read the article posted by Brendan Burguess about Central Bank extensions on upper age. Also need clarification about Mortgage protection consumer credit act of 1995. Urgent help would be appreciated.

Hi Could anyone recommend a solicitor who deals solely in Mortgage debt, changing names on Mortgage as my partner is deceased and re-scheduling same. I read the article posted by Brendan Burguess about Central Bank extensions on upper age. Also need clarification about Mortgage protection consumer credit act of 1995. Urgent help would be appreciated.

New Beginnings?
http://www.newbeginning.ie/

Anthony Joyce Solicitor?
http://www.anthonyjoyce.ie/

You could also post your specific query on here?

From very brief post, would it be safe to assume that there was no life cover in place?

mf

Denise t.

From your short post ,you are trying to get mortgage/property into your own name and revamp the payments on the sad death of your partner.

You seem troubled by Mortgage Protection issues , can you give us more please ?

Banks get a bad name but it might be better to call into and make an appointment with your lender.
Generally lenders are very fair in cases like yours.

If they are not helpful come back to AAM with more info and posters will help t o point you in a proper direction.

Myself and deceased partner had a mortgage with BOS they allowed no mortgage protection on foot of a letter written by my partner. I subsequently found out about consumer credit act 1995 whereby no lending institution should lend without MP.Thinking of pursuing this with BOS. They sold my mortgage to start mortgages this year, I wasn't paying for quite some time but have recommenced paying a large amount but not all with the help of my daughters. Start are not interested in re-structuring and want me to surrender or sell. I would also like mortgage transferred into my name as I am the one paying and also wonder can same happen with the deeds of the propert Need legal advice asap.

It's not really true that no lending institution can lend without MP, there are 4 reasons why they can waive the need for it under the act so would depend on what the reason for no cover was. However you would usually need to sign to confirm that you understood there was no cover on the other person, do you remember doing that?

You do not have to take out mortgage protection insurance if:

• You are aged over 50 or
  • The mortgage is not on your principal private residence (your home) or
  • You cannot get the insurance, or can only get it at a much higher premium than normal or
  • You already have enough life insurance to pay off the home loan if you die

Last edited:
My sympathies on your bereavement. It's not easily handling all this stuff when you are grieving. However you do need to get into action now.
also wonder can same happen with the deeds of the propert Need legal advice asap
I'm assuming you weren't married, so you'll need to check if you were tenants-in-common or joint tenants (there's another very good thread on this topic elsewhere). Also did your late partner have a will and if you don't mind sharing it here, what did it say?

Back