Mortgage comparisons

scruff

Im trying to do a bit of a comparison between a few banks in relation to their mortgage rates etc.. and i was just wondering is there any place i can go that has up to date info on all banks? Im trying to do a bit of homework before i go meet my broker so im looking for comparisons between KBC, AIB and PTSB. Im interested in a first time buyer mortgage fixed for 2 years at the best price. Ive heard conflicting stories of how certain banks are cheaper so just looking for a reputable comparison website.

Thanks folks. Brendan, yea thats more or less what im looking for. My own judgement tells me PTSB are doing the best deals?

Thanks folks. Brendan, yea thats more or less what im looking for. My own judgement tells me PTSB are doing the best deals?

Yeah i thought that 6 years ago and have payed way over the odds since.
It's just over 12 months ago they had SVR of 6.15%.

Id prefare a fixed rate for peace of mind, and at the moment PTSB have a 2yr fixed at 3.10% which i think is the lowest?

Id prefare a fixed rate for peace of mind, and at the moment PTSB have a 2yr fixed at 3.10% which i think is the lowest?

I'd look a little deeper than a cut pricE rate limited to 24 months , after that imagine you 'll be on their variable for 28 years or somewhat

Hi there,
I too am applying for a mortgage but to be honest I'm very confused as to which bank offers the best deals.
Am I right in saying that eg AIB may be best now then in 6 months it could be PTSB,then 6 months after that it could be BoI...ie the best in the market is very variable.
2nd question is,is anybody aware of a program that would allow you to calculate which mortgage is best for someone at that point in time (within reason as I appreciate some people prefer to fix & some people prefer to have flexibility with variable mortgages)_

Back