Mortgage Broker Recommendation - Cork

fionahouse

Hi there,

New to the site and looking forward to reading up on the various threads ;-)

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good mortgage broker in Cork city - there are SO many! Any advice/experiences to share?

Cheers,
Fiona

Hi Chris,

I've only contacted one bank so far - with a meeting scheduled for this week. Do you think it's better to go via the banks directly or via a broker? thx a mill

Hi there,

New to the site and looking forward to reading up on the various threads ;-)

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good mortgage broker in Cork city - there are SO many! Any advice/experiences to share?

Cheers,
Fiona

Hi Fiona
I used the Cork Mortgage Centre on the South Mall & found them easy to deal with. They're across the road from the Imperial Hotel, I don't have a number as it's a few years ago but you'll find it easy enough.
I think the guy in there is involved in the ladies GAA in some form.

Hi Chris,

I've only contacted one bank so far - with a meeting scheduled for this week. Do you think it's better to go via the banks directly or via a broker? thx a mill

Yes.

Couple of ways it can benefit you to go direct.

UlsterBank have a loyalty rate of 3.7% and give 1500 to legal fees
EBS and several others give you 2% cash back which can be a nice amount.

You could literally be missing out on anything from 1500 to many thousands in cash back and get a slightly worse rate. That worse rate could easily be 50 euro a month for 30 years. If you tell us how much you are borrowing we could work out what youre missing out on.

Advice on this forum generally says to go to EBS then other banks and then to a broker.

Great advice here - https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/variable-mortgage-rates-best-buys.197714/

Last edited:
Back