Mortgage based on a different city location

yupyaboyo

Hi,

My family and I are looking to move out of Dublin, heading to Cork where we are originally from. Covid has provided an opportunity where I can work from home and going forward, this is the long term strategy.

Now comes the problem!

I have a new mortgage in principal with the new agreed amount but need proof from HR that I'm working full-time from home which is NOT the case! Prior to covid, I was working 2/3 days a week from home but now my company is formalising a long term strategy which is not yet agreed. Possibly, under the new guidelines, I would be expected to be in the office at last once a week or maybe once every two weeks but again the letter from HR states that I work from home ONLY two days a week!

Before I start getting a mortgage broker involved, have people any advice? The bank that is managing the current mortgage is expecting a letter stating that I work from home fulltime before the new mortgage in principal is official.

Thanks,

YupYaBoyo

I'm in similar situation - I have AIP in place however there is a condition that I need to show a letter that I am working full time remotely. Prior to covid I was normally working around 3 days per week at home and my immediate manager would have no concern if I continue on full time basis, however similarly full time remote working has not been the norm, and I'm concerned I may have issue with this as I expect HR may want to keep a day per week or have some flexibility to bring me back to the office. I'm not sure how strict this letter has to be for lender to be ok with it. One thing that a lender may take into account is the extra travelling expense for trips to/from work as well.
Interested to hear how other people approached this as in practice employers may let people work at home full time, but may be reluctant to give a letter stating this..

My brother is going through the same thing. Bank said he needs something from HR saying WFH is permanently allowed at least 3 days a week.

His office recently said you can do 3 days from home permanently so he's awaiting that circular to get mortgage approval.

Back