Mortgage arrears

Brady94

Hi
My daughter has a joint mortgage with her ex husband but her name is not on the deeds. The mortgage is in arrears, how can she force the sale of the property to clear the mortgage. Neither are living at the property

@mf1 - Would it not have been the subject of an order in the divorce settlement? Bit odd if it wasn't?

Already divorced in UK but finances weren’t sorted. Do you have to get a solicitor to get a court order to sell a property in order to pay mortgage or is it possible to apply yourself are there forms you can down load

He pays 15 euros a week for 3 children solicitor in Uk advised it wasn’t worth trying to get more has he lived in Ireland and she lived in Uk so would be hard to enforce. Only his name on deeds but mortgage in both their names, neither live at the house as they both left Ireland to live in Uk but after a year he went back to Ireland. Now she is has a mortgage hanging over her and he refuses to put her name on deeds. They rent the house out and the rent covers most of the mortgage I don’t think it is in negative equity anymore

Ok we have thought of a solution and wondered if anyone knows if it’s doable. Currently my daughters ex brother in law is renting the property and would like to buy it but we don’t think he can get a full mortgage on his own. Can he take over my daughters part of the mortgage and affectively be buying the house with his brother my daughters ex husband. It seems her ex husband would agree to put his brothers name on the deeds and mortgage

Back