Mortgage Application - PAYE vs ROS - rent a room income tax documentation

mike2017

I've been trying to get mortgage approval over the last month with one of the major Irish Banks. After supplying and resupplying miriads of documentation I'm stuck on the following. They queried rent a room income and want the following:
A copy of your most recent Form 11 or Form 12, eTax Clearance Certificate and a copy of your charges and payments screen from ROS.
I'm PAYE only so this is very frustrating to me. I got the eTax cert but I'm not registered on ROS. I fill out the equivalent of Form 11 in MyRevenue but they don't appear to accept that and I've no access to ROS (I'm not registered with it) to get the charges and payments screen screenshot.
It's like an implicit "No" to my application and after pointing out I'm PAYE only they reiterate the above over and over again.
Anyone else have this experience and how did you satisfy the Bank? Thanks

I thought that Rent a Room wasn't taxable under €14,000. You make a return to Revenue for it but there won't be any charges or payments relating to it so why the screenshot?

That's what's confusing me - I'm well under the threshold but the risk assessor wants to be confident I've no outstanding tax obligation to Revenue before they will proceed further with my application. I've applied / switched mortgages 5 times over the last few years and while never dealt with this bank before, never ran into this roadblock before with any of them. I have a screenshot of my income tax return for 2020 showing the declared rent a room income but it's not titled Form 11 / 12. I'll throw that to them anyway and see what happens. I've an unanswered enquiry with Revenue but thought I'd ask here also for advice.....
Edit: I exported my income tax return and in the PDF is a hard to read sub heading saying "form 12" - this might satisfy them, the screen shot from MyRevenue doesn't mention Form 11 or 12. Don't know about the screenshot but I've gone back to them to ask as without ROS I can't get that for them.....

Nope, bank are being dopes. Am getting a letter from Revenue to state they have received my 2020 tax return and there are no outstanding tax obligations. No idea if that will work. Can write a complaint but they'll just laugh at it.....

So they need an acknowledged Form 12 from Revenue and a P21. They dropped the requirement for a screencap of the payments and charges screen. Form 12 is a 20 page doc for self assessment. Made a complaint, it's outsourced so despite understanding there is nothing they could do bar reiterate the banks position. I just don't understand - I'll try the Revenue again but don't understand this at all.
Hope no one else runs into this.

Back