Mortgage application after starting a new job

jwof2006

Hi all,

I have started a new job in the past few weeks, and have also been looking to progress with a mortgage application. I have a 3 month probation on the contract, but am sure the employer would be happy to make it permanent if I asked them, to allow me to progress with the mortgage applcation.

Would this be acceptable to lenders?

Thanks,

Jack

The lender primarily wants to see that you are permanent, so if your employer is making you permanent then and confirms that in writing in their reference, then this is all good.

I have been able to get a mortgage while still under probation but for a relatively small amount (less than 20% of the value of the home). Some lenders take a strict approach when it comes to probation as I learned. But EBS considered the whole package: The low risk; and how easy it would be to get a new job (as part of that I needed to submit my CV).

Thanks guys, good info there. I will start the application after another few weeks in the job after I have confirmed permanency. Keen to get the ball rolling, will update you down the road. I get paid weekly, so will have plenty of payslips to submit anyway.

Thanks,

Jack

Back