Mortgage Advice:FTB age 40, earn €35k govt job, 10k pa approx in my small business

Sarah W and others, thanks for all your help! You made it all sound so simple. :) I have been reading through a lot of the other posts here on the subject and it all looks very daunting there:confused: . I am tempted not to bother except that I want somewhere to call my own. I am embarassed to say that I am terrible when it comes to figures, really goddamn terrible. It's all I can do to work out my salary and keep my books for my small business and even then it's organised chaos.:eek: I am sure I will manage it as I think I have worked out the facts and figures with the help of the calulator suggested and Sarah W's kind help. It's the rest of it I am worried about now. Gulp. Oh well, it's all a learning experience.............................................. hopefully with a good result.

Needing help...if you were to read the posts here about doom and gloom in the housing market you would never buy a house. many people saying its cheaper to rent than to buy a home and all that rubbish. if you were to listen to them you wouldnt get out of bed in the morning. Buying your own home is a great investment/purchase you will always need somewhere to live. Buying a 2nd/3rd house at the moment i think may be a little nerve wrecking with intrest rates on the up and all the negative sentiment on some forums here.

Re: Mortgage Advice:FTB age 40, earn €35k govt job, 10k pa approx in my small busines

Hi Moneyman,
It would be great if we could keep this thread on topic and deal with the specific and interesting questions raised by the OP.

You will find that there is plenty of more generalised discussion in LOS and Great Debates should you wish to persue such discussion.

Thanks
aj

Well, that's exactly the doom and gloom that I am NOT listening to anymore! :) Hubby has been doom and gloom about buying a house for 12 years!!! 12 years! And meanwhile the prices have been going up and up and up! I would like to do it with him but if I can't, I am going to do it without him, no matter what that entails... I am 40 now and I don't want to be 50 without having taken some action on this.....the same when it comes to other things I feel I get no support over. I must admit I am learning SO much about stuff I knew Zilch about from AAM in the Mortgage and Business sections! It's a fab forum! Thanks everyone!

Back