Mortgage (30mths left) & Revenue (€7k) have priortiy but IJ-MBNA seek judgement €5k

Its not that I don't want to pay but I need this to come to an end somehowas its again starting to destroy my life.

Well you must not let it affect you so badly. But you must deal with the letters you do receive. This is really important. By not dealing with them instead of the problem going away, it esculates to a level where you may not be able to deal with it properly.

As Time said, don't worry about the sheriff, he can do nothing and will do nothing to you, that's just a pointless paper exercise. Can you tell us what exactly the judgements and/or letters are telling you to do now, or what are they informing you.

(My comment re contract and freemen is based on other people who came on here with valid debts, that had been sold on, and they were now claiming that there was no 'contract' between them and the company suing them and the believed that this meant they didn't have to repay the debt).

What is it that you find odd about the solicitors for IJ?

IJ/Ashtown Solicitors.
I know this sounds stupid and ridiculous as I have never seen a document like this but it doesn't look real.

I have received something similar before. It had the appearance of a court judgement, names dates etc but said "draft" judgement if I remember correctly. It was basically a threat to get the real thing.

. It had the appearance of a court judgement, names dates etc but said "draft" judgement if I remember correctly. It was basically a threat to get the real thing.

Nasty document then. Purporting to be a real judgement but it was not.

PD or Pat2, any chance of a scan of the document (without out any identifying features)

I suspect it is something similar.

It is very unusual for IJ to issue in their own name. Normally proceedings would be issuing in the name of MBNA.

I suspect it is something similar.

I think it's a despicable practice of any professional, banks, credit card companies or solicitors to issue documents that on a lay man reading it would be misled by same, and that this would lead to someone being in distress and confusion as a result of these underhand tactics. The OP has not clarified if this is the situation now, but it was odd that she didn't know about the court date.

In the circuit court a judgement in default is done without a hearing and without notice to the debtor. Judgement may be entered if no appearance is lodged within 10 days of the date of service of the civil bill.

Ok so when the OP got the summons and ignored it IP were able to proceed to judgment. It just shows that it's really really important people don't ignore correspondance and particularly court documents such as a summons or civil bill.

Sorry about earlier Bronte. Was getting panicky.

To clarify: I didn't ignore the first one walker in the year. I rang them and tried to deal with the situation.
This one is from the district court and is stamped /signed by a judge.

Should have a copy still, I remember I emailed it to the guy in mabs I was dealing with as I hadn't a clue what it was.

If it is the district court you should have been aware of the hearing date.

Something is not right here.

Nasty document then. Purporting to be a real judgement but it was not.

PD or Pat2, any chance of a scan of the document (without out any identifying features)
I will email a copy of it to Time later on and see what he thinks!

[broken link removed]
This is the letter I got nearly 2 years ago. There's another similar about, just can't put my hand on it. Mine was a "draft" Summons rather than a judgement.
I was advised by Mabs that it was just scare tactics. I was engaging with the creditors at the time and they have still not got a judgement.

That document clearly violates a number of district court rules. A clerk would refuse to accept that for stamping.

There are a few things amiss with that decree. It does not mention the district number or the date of the sitting of the court.

I would be checking with the district court to see if that record number exists.

Thanks for that.
I will dig out the number and give them a ring and update from there!

pig dog.

Avant bought Mbna , just a name change , your debt is to Avant.

If Avant have moved it to Cabot to collect for them so be it.
Normally Cabot will accept any reasonable monthly type offer , I just cant see you in Court over this. Most Summons have the word DRAFT on them , if so it is not a real summons but an attempt to (frighten) funds from you.

Pig Dog has what appears to be a judgement order.

The judgement is in the name of IJ with an address in Stockholm Sweden.

Didn't get a chance to do this today but is it the Summons office in Chancery St. that I will ring tommorow?

Back