Mortgage (30mths left) & Revenue (€7k) have priortiy but IJ-MBNA seek judgement €5k

You are looking for the Dublin Metropolitan District Court office.

You just want to verify that the document is real.

Ok.
Update time.
It looks like this is a real document.
Spoke to a helpful soul in the courts who said that the court date was at the start of the year and was finalised about 2 weeks ago.
Seems they went to court after I spoke to them early in the year regardless of me contacting them to set up an agreement to what I could pay.
He said that I could apply to the court for a set aside.
Let the hell continue.

It is really up to you if you want to see if the judgement can be set aside. Your call.

Yeah. Some very tough decisions to be made after Xmas.
I can send a registered letter to the solicitors to ask them for a copy of my signature as the original summons who have to be proven that I recieved it.
I just have to see if the revenue will accept lower payments which may involve another trip to court.

OK. So after reading the key post/thread that Time pointed to earlier in the thread I sould wait till phase 2 happens and wait to be called before the judge and set out my financials.
Should I continue to repay them on a very regular basis?
Would this stand to me?
There is an outside possibilty that a sum of money will be coming my way at some stage
I was invovled in a road accident and was not my fault (witness's and other driver admitting). A solicitor took on my case s the were of full belief that I was entitled to compenstion.
If and how much and how long it will take is not known.
Shut up or say something?
At this stage its the only light I have!

If you are paying them regularly they may not bother getting an instalment order.

If you stop paying them, they will seek an order fairly quickly in the new year.

As regards standing you that you are paying them, it would not matter a jot in court. The judge will just examine your means statement and make a decision as to what you can afford to pay if anything. If your only income was from welfare it is highly unlikely a judge would grant any order.

Should I continue to repay them on a very regular basis?

Of course one should continue to repay debts if you have the means. And for sure you need to react to any correspondance you receive. Too many people stuff unopened envelopes into drawers. That's only making the problem worse.

Thanks Bronte.
I will send them a registered letter tomorrow outling the max amount that I can pay with a breakdown of income outgoings.
Will have to do this anyway for court.

You need to bear in mind that while you view your mortgage as your most important payment, the credit company consider that repaying them should be your most important. The court will perhaps view them as equally important.

Basically, the question becomes "Why should your mortgage provider be repaid in full while other debts are not?"

This is where a judge would come in handy for the OP. A judge would decide on this very point if IJ were to seek an instalment order.

Surely the payment on a family home (secured debt!?!) would have priority over a dca (unsecured debt?!?!).
What would be the scenario if MBNA had written off the debt and now dca are trying to recover.
Would a credit check reveal this?
I mention this as MBNA are not mentioned on the actual court document but the dca

MBNA has sold it to IJ for x amount. So as far as MBNA are concerned it is written off.

Back