Monthly course & job seeker's allowance

J

Jakucja

Hi! I'm leaving my job soon and then immediatly starting a course at the university. The course is full time but lasts only for 4 weeks. How will this affect JB? Will I get disqualified or delayed? Appriciate any clues.

There's nothing wrong with doing a course so your claim will be delayed. You benefit is going to based on previous years PRSI contributions (2007 I think!).

You won't be able to claim while you're on a full time course as you're not available for work. Sign on when your course ends and your entitlement to JB will be based on your 2007 PRSI record (as Doberden said).

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking about signing on after the course but everywhere they say you have to sign on on the 1st day of your unemployment. I'm confused.

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking about signing on after the course but everywhere they say you have to sign on on the 1st day of your unemployment. I'm confused.

As you are not 'unemployed' for that month (being a full-time student), you wil;l be signing on your 'first day of unemployment' after the course ends. You also need a total of at least 2 years contributions paid (104)

Back