Montenegrin Word of Warning

almo

In 2 national newspapers and on Montenegrin tv last evening reports of unhappy "buyers" were investigated. Near Tivat, Budva and 1 other unnamed location foreign buyers were dismayed to find out that the properties they bought were not freehold, as they had been told by agents, but instead on concession for periods from 30-60 years.

The scandal only came to light when a number of owners tried to resell and the agencies they bought through suddenly went to ground.

The Montengrin Ministry for Justice said that since the original purchases took place before Montenegrin independence that the paper trail might be difficult as a number of the agencies involved were registered in Belgrade (Serbia).

It's a nice word to the wise that a bargain might always have a little proviso attached.

Ever heard of adjectives? They guy lives/works over that way as far as I know so one might expect that he knows the relevant words.

Where is Montenegrin?? never heard of it do you mean Montenegro??

Have you ever heard of adjectives, they often come before nouns for descriptive purposes.
"Irish TV" would be a good exampe of a adjective-noun combination.

Thanks Clubman, yes, I live next door in Croatia. Montenegro is the country, it's Montenegrin TV etc. Maybe it was just ennisboy's attempt and a joke, because I figure my spelling is not always perfect, especially for an Irelandman living in Croatian.

Back